Skilled nursing centers provide 24-hour nursing care for long-term care nursing needs or for short term rehabilitation services for people who are recovering from illness, injury or surgery. Consequently, they are staffed by nurses, therapists, and other medical professionals who can provide the care that people need to recover from an illness, injury or to manage a chronic condition.
A Hospital case manager or physician can let you know if you’re eligible for short term rehabilitation. Rehabilitation centers often use Medicare, Medicaid or other insurance plans to pay for your short term recovery period. Please call us to see if we accept your insurance plan.
Oak Manor also provides for long term care nursing needs. If you believe your loved one needs additional care, that cannot be provided for at home or in an Assisted Living community, we can do an assessment to determine if Oak Manor is the right place for your long term nursing care needs.
Skilled nursing Includes a variety of services, such as:
- 24-hour medical care: This includes monitoring vital signs, administering medications, and providing wound care.
- Rehabilitation services: This includes physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy.
- Personal care assistance: This includes help with bathing, dressing, grooming, and eating.
- Nutritional support: This includes providing meals and snacks that are tailored to the individual’s needs.
- Social activities: This includes providing opportunities for socialization and recreation.
If you are considering skilled nursing in Largo, Florida, we encourage you to contact us to learn more about our services. We would be happy to answer any questions you have.
For more information or to schedule a tour, please call (727) 581-9427